IELTS Training In Chennai by Aksent
IELTS is the world’s most popular test for higher education and global migration. Last year, over 2 million candidates took the IELTS test to start their journeys into education and employment. Taking IELTS opens doors – it can help you live, study and work around the world. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide accept IELTS, including Government, academic and employment institutions. In fact, IELTS is the only English language test accepted for immigration purposes by all countries that require one.
Course Approach and Outcomes
- Aksent’s IELTS training courses focus on both General IELTS and Academic IELTS.
- Training sessions are dynamic and challenging to develop strategies dealing with each task in the exam paper with emphasis on practising reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- IELTS training at Aksent is equipped with exam technique and consists of practice tests to help increase your confidence.
- All are IELTS preparation courses are equipped with updated original CAMBRIDGE endorsed courseware covering all aspects required to acquire the expected band level.
- Aksent has an excellent IELTS exam success rate as the courses are trained by experienced trainers specializing in IELTS training.
- Prepare for the exam and achieve your best possible marks.
- Improve all areas of English; be able to read and hear more effectively, write more accurately, speak more fluently and accurately and increase your vocabulary range in written and spoken English.
|Duration||Batches / Timings||Eligibility||Fees|
|50 Hours*||Refer Batch Calendar||Intermediate to Advanced Learners||Contact Our Counsellor|
What our recent trainees have to say about the Course
Sakthivel ★★★★★ 5/5
I joined Aksent for IELTS exam.I have taken IELTS before and scored a band of 6. Now that I am confident to score 7 Band in IELTS. Starting from my first day I started to perform progressively better in the weaker sections and my trainer gives confidence and gives a lot of input regarding the examination.
PalaniMurugan ★★★★★ 5/5
The training for my international exam preparation was wonderful learning experience; faculties were very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly.
Bikram Pal ★★★★★ 5/5
I joined Aksent three months back for IELTS training. I knew that would score close to 6 band but I required minimum 7 to 7.5 band to reach my goal. The coaching given by my trainer (Mr.Azhar) is exceptional. He first assessed my level, where I stood and then from there on he helped me a lot to reach my goal of getting 7.5 band. I used to lend Cambridge IELTS books from Aksent and practice at home as well. Big thanks to Aksent Institute and Mr.Azhar to make my dream come true in my very first IELTS attempt..!!!
Jamuna Rani ★★★★★ 5/5
Hi friends!I joined IELTS course in Aksent.There is very good training and very friendly manner. That atmosphere is very easy to come out of our shyness and inferiority complex. Easy to achieve our goal using Aksent.Thanks !
Vignesh ★★★★★ 5/5
Aksent`s training for IELTS is awesome, initially when I joined the training I was not confident but after that slowly but steadily I improved by the support of the faculties, very patient they are and friendly if you spend time with them you can surely crack IELTS. Wonderful training experience at Aksent
Anupriya ★★★★★ 5/5
Excellent coaching in Aksent. I have never seen any other coaching centre like this , training with these much of patience. The trainer here has a friendly approach with efficient knowledge and practice and I have seen great improvement in my speaking and writing skills. Special thanks to KarthikSwaminatham sir. Thanks Aksent
Divya S ★★★★ 4/5
My Money got 100% worth; I would like to give 5 Stars because what they promised. They gave me more than that. Excellent Syllabus and course ware, certified trainers, rightly modelled courses. Wish Aksent all the best
The IELTS test assesses your abilities in listening, reading, writing and speaking – in less than three hours.
There are two types of the IELTS test: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training.
Listening and Speaking are the same for both tests, but the subject matter of the Reading and Writing components differs depending on which test you take.
The Listening, Reading and Writing components of all IELTS tests are completed on the same day, with no breaks in between them.
The Speaking component, however, can be completed up to a week before or after the other tests. Your test centre will advise.
The total test time is 2 hours and 45 minutes
Listening 30 minutes
You will listen to four recordings of native English speakers and then write your answers to a series of questions.
- Recording 1 – a conversation between two people set in an everyday social context.
- Recording 2 – a monologue set in an everyday social context, e.g. a speech about local facilities.
- Recording 3 – a conversation between up to four people set in an educational or training context, e.g. a university tutor and a student discussing an assignment.
- Recording 4 – a monologue on an academic subject, e.g. a university lecture.
Assessors will be looking for evidence of your ability to understand the main ideas and detailed factual information, the opinions and attitudes of speakers, the purpose of an utterance and evidence of your ability to follow the development of ideas.
Reading 60 minutes
The Reading component consists of 40 questions, designed to test a wide range of reading skills. These include reading for gist, reading for main ideas, reading for detail, skimming, understanding logical argument and recognising writers’ opinions, attitudes and purpose.
- IELTS Academic test – this includes three long texts which range from the descriptive and factual to the discursive and analytical. These are taken from books, journals, magazines and newspapers. They have been selected for a non-specialist audience but are appropriate for people entering university courses or seeking professional registration.
- IELTS General Training test – this includes extracts from books, magazines, newspapers, notices, advertisements, company handbooks and guidelines. These are materials you are likely to encounter on a daily basis in an English-speaking environment.
Writing 60 minutes
IELTS Academic test
Topics are of general interest to, and suitable for, test takers entering undergraduate and postgraduate studies or seeking professional registration. There are two tasks:
- Task 1 – you will be presented with a graph, table, chart or diagram and asked to describe, summarise or explain the information in your own words. You may be asked to describe and explain data, describe the stages of a process, how something works or describe an object or event.
- Task 2 – you will be asked to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem. Responses to both tasks must be in a formal style.
IELTS General Training
Topics are of general interest. There are two tasks:
- Task 1 – you will be presented with a situation and asked to write a letter requesting information, or explaining the situation. The letter may be personal, semi-formal or formal in style.
- Task 2 – you will be asked to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem. The essay can be fairly personal in style.
Speaking 11–14 minutes
The speaking component assesses your use of spoken English. Every test is recorded.
- Part 1 – the examiner will ask you general questions about yourself and a range of familiar topics, such as home, family, work, studies and interests. This part lasts between four and five minutes.
- Part 2 – you will be given a card which asks you to talk about a particular topic. You will have one minute to prepare before speaking for up to two minutes. The examiner will then ask one or two questions on the same topic.
- Part 3 – you will be asked further questions about the topic in Part 2. These will give you the opportunity to discuss more abstract ideas and issues. This part of the test lasts between four and five minutes.