Tips to improve IELTS Scoring
Remember these Three Excellent rules for IELTS:
- Remember it is a test of your English language ability.
- The better your English language skills, the easier it will be to approach the test.
- Concentrating on IELTS books and IELTS practice tests alone is not the best way to prepare for the exam you need to take Best IELTS Training in a reputed centre.
This may sound obvious, but the importance should be on improving your language skills not practising for test.
REGISTER at Aksent to score 7+ Band in your IELTS
You may be blessed enough to pass the IELTS with the score you need but you will not be sufficiently prepared for what comes after it – your course, your job etc.
Simple things you can do to prepare for IELTS:
- Use the English language around you. If you are in a Native speaking country then this is easy. If not then use the Google.
- You have the chance, join Aksent’s Best IELTS coaching where you can practise your speaking regularly – or Kick off yourself with other ‘IELTS’ groups and obligate one rule – ‘English only’! See if you can ask native speakers to give small talks at your meetings. The worth is in the speaking and trying to improve fluency level.
- Start reading newspapers, journals and articles and you should be well informed about the current issues used for the speaking and writing topics. You can discuss those issues with your groups in English.
- To achieve a satisfactory IELTS Band Score, it is necessary to be genuine. Your skill and dedication must contest your overall goal for English proficiency.
- Listen to the BBC and CNN, shows and music. Spend 1 hour on listening to the BBC news every day if you are not a native speaker.
- Practise little and often. Choose one activity at a time – for example writing, and really concentrate on that during your daily practice.
- Make sure you realize why things are wrong, go over any errors and learn from them. If you have a lot of errors then do the exercise again.
- Try to find out your weak points and start working on them e.g. if you are not so strong in the writing section then you should start with this and ultimately you will like it, or if you find difficult in the speaking section then start to talk and think in English, as there is no better way to learn speaking. If you think in English you will be able to precise yourself more naturally.