Seven Tips to improve your Self- Confidence
1.Start to take action:
The most important thing in building self-confidence is to take action with plan. Try to work on something and get it done. Sitting at home and thinking about it will just make you feel day incomplete. To make it little easier, here are the ways to make it easier to take action:
- Be present. This will help you to stop over thinking and just go and do whatever you want to get done. This is probably the best tip and it puts you in a state where you feel little emotional conflict to the work you’ll do. And it puts you in state where the exact actions often just seem to flow out of you in a focused but relaxed way and without much effort. One of the easiest ways to connect with the present moment is just to keep your focus on your breathing for a minute or twice.
- Lift up. One way to put off yourself from taking action is to take whatever you are about to do too seriously. That makes it feel huge, too tough and too scary. If you on the other hand relax a bit and lift up you often realize that existing problems and negative feelings are just something you are generating in your own mind.
Do you know? Dressing up in a Professional way makes you to feel more confident, also looks to be physically stronger, more likeable and even superior to other competitor.
However, clothes don’t make the man, they affect the way he feels about himself. No one is more aware of your physical appearance than you feel.
When you don’t look good, it changes the way you bring yourself and developing a relationship with other people. Make this as your benefit by taking care of your personal appearance. Take the time required to shower, shave and dress nicely for confidence boost. If you look good, you will feel good and this will raise confidence.
3. Realize the failure:
- You learn. Instead of facing failure as something horrible you can kick off to view it more as a learning experience. When you are in the middle of a failure, you can ask yourself: What’s amazing about this situation? What can I learn from this situation?
- You gain experiences you could not get any other way.Preferably, you want to learn from other people’s mistakes and failures. That’s not always easy to do. Sometimes you just have to fail on your own to learn a lesson and to gain an experience no one can help you in simple words.
- You become stronger. Every time you fail you become more familiar to it. You realize more and more that it’s not the end of the world. And, again, you get insensitive. You can handle things that would have been very hard to handle a few years back. Failing can also an exciting component because although you failed you at least took a chance.
Posture plays a huge part in feeling and looking confident.
Similarly, the way a person carries herself tells a story .Standing tall with your chest up and shoulders back screams confidence and can even trick you into feeling more confident too. By practicing good posture, you’ll automatically feel more confident. Stand up straight, keep your head up, and make eye contact
. You’ll make a positive impression on others and straightaway feel more alert and empowered.
5. Speak up:
During Presentation /GD
many people never speak up because they think that people will judge them for saying something wrong. Usually, people are much more accepting than we visualize. In fact most people are facing the same fears. If you start speak up, it can make a huge difference in your confidence levels if you take the time to prepare yourself.
And of course, the speech and the delivery of it will most likely be a lot better too. Similarly, you’ll become a better public speaker
, more confident in your own thoughts
, and recognized as a leader.
6. Redefine Fear And Failure:
Your relationship with fear and failure can pull you back and cause your self-confidence to drop.
To prevent this you need to change the way you think about fear and failure. Try to view fear as the chance to progress and failure as the chance to collect valuable feedback on what you need to work on.
By doing this fear and failure become tools for development instead of reasons not to do something.
Great tip is to try and accept an abundance approach and know that if something doesn’t go to plan that yes, you may feel like crap for a while but ultimately, it’s ok, you can learn from it and move forward stronger.
Doing this will remove some of the negative impact of fear and failure and help you retain your energy level.
7. Be Persistent:
Do not give up in reaching your goals in your entire life
. Learn from your mistakes and try to recover on your situation. Do not make reasons on why you should quit or give up. Sometimes it takes a lot of effort to be successful. The key is to keep at it until you get what you want.